Add location and map information to your storefront
This easy-to-use section enables you to build rich map sections to help your shoppers locate your stores and services. The two-column section can display your store or service information, plus an interactive map or a custom static image:
The Google Maps API feature lets shoppers interact with your location map:
Once you've added a valid API key, extra features will be available:
- Google will automatically create the interactive map based on the address you provide.
- The map style can be changed:
- The default map zoom level can be set. Shoppers will have the ability to zoom in and out while interacting with the map.
- A location correction feature is available where you can provide a Latitude and Longitude for overriding the map address.
- Add a static image for fallback. If the Google API isn't working, the static image will be used in place of the interactive map.
Shopify provides information on how to obtain a Google API key:
A custom image option is available to display a map without having to use a Google API. Any image can be used here for a quick and simple map:
Tip: Take a screenshot from your favorite map app and upload that to your Shopify Files library. Edit the screenshot for best results.