Share preview link
How to create a Share Preview link using the Shopify Online Theme Editor
When working with an unpublished theme or better known as a draft theme, you can send out a Share preview link which allows anyone who has the link to preview your work/site. Share preview links expire after a certain number of days and are randomly generated by Shopify.
This is a great tool for getting feedback from anyone who needs to view your site before it's live or to view a concept version of your existing site
Copy this link to send to our Support Staff - Not the URL in your browser:
Share preview link is generated by Shopify
- In the Theme Editor, click on the ellipses (three dots) icon at the top of the Theme Editor to view theme actions.
- Choose Preview
- When the new preview window appears, choose the green Share preview button at the bottom of your browser.
- The popup window will display a link (middle of your screen).
- Click the Copy link button to copy the address to your clipboard
- Send us that link, paste it from your clipboard
Use the Share preview button at the bottom to produce the link
Share preview links expire after a certain number of days and are randomly generated by Shopify.
If you're using a live published theme, the preview option will appear as View. This indicates you are currently on the live site. A Preview share link can only be created from a draft theme which is not published.