How do I download the latest version of Story theme?
The current version of Story is v1.1, if you're running your shop on an older version, you can download the latest version for free to update your shop. Download links are below updates information.
New in Story 1.1
- Improved related products suggestions - We've switched the related products feature to use Shopify's new algorithm. Here's more about the feature by Shopify: Product Recommendations APIs.
- Added support for automatic discounts and buy-one-get-one discounts in the cart.
Example of Cart discounts:
Settings example of Related products:
How to Download the New Version
When you download the latest version of Story, the new version will be added as a draft theme. This protects your current live theme as it's not affected by the download, it's a separate theme that you can configure and prepare before you're ready to publish. We have included tips on how to update your theme which will migrate your settings and homepage sections over to the newly download theme. Remember, downloading the new version of the theme will not replace your live theme, it's only added as a draft theme. You can publish the new theme when you feel it's ready for the public.
How to update your theme:
General instructions by Shopify:
How to update your theme
Here's a direct link to Story in the Theme Store:
Story Theme Download
Be sure you've done the following:
- Create a backup copy of your existing theme.
- Visit the Shopify Theme Store and log in. For paid themes, it is important to log in to the account that you used to buy the theme. This will prevent you from being asked to buy the theme again.
- Click Add latest theme version or Add theme.
Tip: You must be logged-in to the account that purchased the original theme.
After downloading the new version of Story
Use these tips to migrate your homepage settings and current theme settings to the new updated theme:
New in Story 1.0.3
Minor fixes including:
- Payment buttons turned on by default in footer.
- Full width search bar.
- Footer logo resolution changed.